- 4 slices turkey bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped (can be done in food processor)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Farm Country Cheese House Horseradish Cheese
- additional prepared horseradish to taste (optional)
- 2 teaspoons plain fat-free yogurt
- Black ground pepper to taste
- 4 slices (3/4 inch thick) French bread (or any hearty bread of your choice) lightly toasted
- 1 small tomato
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat broiler.
- Partially cook bacon 3 minutes in a nonstick skillet; drain and set aside.
- In a food processor combine finely chopped onion, cheese, yogurt and pepper; process until onion is minced. Set aside.
- Place toasted bread slices on a baking sheet. Spread cheese mixture evenly over slices, spreading to edges of bread. Cut tomato into 4 slices. Top each bread slice with a tomato slice and 2 bacon pieces. Broil 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until cheese melts and bacon is crisp. Sprinkle with green onions.