Rustic Michigan White Potato Cheddar And Asparagus Gatin
1 1/2 cups 2% milk
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 cups Michigan Asparagus trimmed, cut into 1/2″ pieces
2 cup Farm Country Cheese House’s Sharp White Cheddar shredded
2 lbs of Michigan white potatoes, thinly sliced
salt and pepper
1/2 cup Farm Country Cheese House’s Sharp White Cheddar shredded (for topping)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Coat a 10″ baking dish with cooking pan spray
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and flour.
4. In second mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with salt and pepper
5. To assemble, in bottom of baking dish, layer 1/3 of potatoes, top with half the asaragus, top with 1 cup od cheese, repeat finish with remaining potatoes.
6. Pour the milk over the top.
7. Bake 60 min or until potatoes are tender.
8. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese last 15 min of baking
Horseradish Cheese Toast
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped (can be done in food processor)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Farm Country Cheese House Horseradish Cheese
- additional prepared horseradish to taste (optional)
- 2 teaspoons plain fat-free yogurt
- Black ground pepper to taste
- 4 slices (3/4 inch thick) French bread (or any hearty bread of your choice) lightly toasted
- 1 small tomato
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat broiler.
- Partially cook bacon 3 minutes in a nonstick skillet; drain and set aside.
- In a food processor combine finely chopped onion, cheese, yogurt and pepper; process until onion is minced. Set aside.
- Place toasted bread slices on a baking sheet. Spread cheese mixture evenly over slices, spreading to edges of bread. Cut tomato into 4 slices. Top each bread slice with a tomato slice and 2 bacon pieces. Broil 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until cheese melts and bacon is crisp. Sprinkle with green onions.